Location: Remote working initially then Munich, Germany
Salary: €75,000 - 85,000 per annum plus benefits package
Job Reference: CEAWSDHPERM
Are you a cloud expert with solid experience across the major platforms such as AWS and Azure and have an open mind to discuss a great opportunity?
I’m currently working with an innovative IT Consultancy with a focus on providing solutions for “Big Data” projects. They have a simple goal, to develop data-based (product) innovations which will enable their customers to understand, analyse, and use their complex data. Hopefully allowing their customers to see the true value of data and embracing its full potential guided by expert Data Scientists and Engineers.
With clients ranging from Lidl, E-On, Sky and Bosch, there will be a huge variety of tempting projects for you to take the lead on. You will be joining an existing team that is highly competent, agile, international and forms the heart of the company, so don’t expect to just be another number here. Being an employee-centric start-up, they make a promise to give all team members flexibility and personal responsibility. As a result, they live by Jurgen Appelo’s “Management 3.0” and the principles defined within it; Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders.
What sort of things will you be doing as a Senior Cloud Engineer in this role?
- Independent and result-oriented solutions of problems
- Design and deliver architecture implementations in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Automation of deployment processes and continuous integration
- Design and develop cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms and
- serverless architectures
- Hybrid deployments with high availability, fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans in place
- Learn and use state of the art cloud technologies
What experience do we need to consider your profile?
- Programming/Scripting: Python, Java, Bash
- Knowledge of public cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- DevOps culture, knowledge about CI / CD and tools (Git, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Monitoring and logging concepts, ELK stack
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible) and Infrastructure-as-code technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Serverless technologies and event-driven architecture
- Container technologies and light virtualization
- Knowledge of OpenStack and Kubernetes o Spark/Hadoop Framework and Kafka streams
- Fluent German and English
What will the role offer?
- An innovative and exciting start-up culture
- Modern office in Munich (when we are all allowed out to play again)
- Top-class team of data scientists, data engineers and information management specialists, all wrapped up in a pleasant working environment
- A truly agile organisation following Management 3.0
- Your choice of the newest equipment (MacBook, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy etc.)
- A culture of continuous learning and training with at least 10 training days every year
- The chance to take on responsibility from early on
- Monthly team events as well as a summer party, Oktoberfest event, and a Xmas Party
- The chance to hear first-hand about new and interesting projects in the world of big data
- Three “social days” – it is important for us to give back to the community
- And of course, gym membership
Get in touch to find out more!
Gorilla ERP is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.