Location: Remote working initially then Munich, Germany
Salary: €100,000 - 110,000 per annum plus benefits package
Job Reference: DSFKPERM
Are you looking for a step up in your Data Science career?
I’m currently working with an innovative IT Consultancy with a focus on providing solutions for “Big Data” projects. They have a simple goal, to develop data-based (product) innovations which will enable their customers to understand, analyse, and use their complex data. Hopefully allowing their customers to see the true value of data and embracing its full potential guided by expert Data Scientists and Engineers.
With clients ranging from Lidl, E-On, Sky and Bosch, there will be a huge variety of tempting projects for you to take the lead on. You will be joining an existing team that is highly competent, agile, international and forms the heart of the company, so don’t expect to just be another number here. Being an employee-centric start-up, they make a promise to give all team members flexibility and personal responsibility. As a result, they live by Jurgen Appelo’s “Management 3.0” and the principles defined within it; Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders.
What sort of things will you be doing as their Principle Data Scientist?
(Probably very similar to what you do already just here instead)
- Interpretation and analysis of large amounts of data and business processes
- Development of predictive modelling, machine learning models, and algorithms based on various data
- Data visualisation
- Development and implementation of “Data Collection Systems”, to increase statistical accuracy and data quality
- Close cooperation with decision-makers, both internally and alongside our customers
- Analytical thinking regarding internal process optimizations
- Support of Data Science Strategy for Data Insights
- Land and Expand on the projects
- Develop new projects at the customer’s site
Ideally, you will have:
- Deep knowledge and experience working in Data Science
- Proven experience working with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hive, or Impala
- Strong analytical skills in managing databases
- Skilled in identification, analysis and interpretation of trends and patterns in complex data sets
- Excellent programming skills (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience in the development of machine learning models, and ideally practical experience with machine learning pipelines
- Statistical knowledge as well as competency with statistics programs (e.g. SAS and Graph)
- Fluent German and English is a must for this role (written and spoken)
- Knowledge/experience of NLP
What can we offer?
- An innovative and exciting start-up culture
- Modern office in Munich (when we are all allowed out to play again)
- Top-class team of data scientists, data engineers and information management specialists, all wrapped up in a pleasant working environment
- A truly agile organisation following Management 3.0
- Your choice of the newest equipment (MacBook, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy etc.)
- A culture of continuous learning and training with at least 10 training days every year
- The chance to take on responsibility from early on
- Monthly team events as well as a summer party, Oktoberfest event, and a Xmas Party
- The chance to hear first-hand about new and interesting projects in the world of big data
- Three “social days” – it is important for us to give back to the community
- And of course, gym membership
Get in touch to find out more!
Gorilla ERP is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.